You’re at the website of Will van Manen Kamera-Service, an independent company (owned by Will van Manen & Cathy Kuiper) for repair and maintenance of analog(ue) photo equipment. We are located in the Netherlands and operate worldwide.
COVID-19 policy (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- We prefer to receive your equipment by post (80% of our work comes in in parcels -without any problems- from all over the world anyway) is a good option and safe if you pack your equipment well and send the parcel registered & insured. Please include a shipping form (see menu on the left hand side).
- Although we definitely do not prefer it (due to the health risk for you and us -and the business risk for us), we will receive a maximum of 3 visitors per day and in conformity with RIVM and government guidelines.
- As always; visits by appointment only,
- When we already have planned 3 visits that day, we will inform you and ask to plan another day,
- We implore you to come alone, wear a mouth mask and place or pick up the equipment at the bottom of our stairs,
- We will only receive 1 visitor at a time, we will keep 1,5m distance and we will not shake hands,
- If you are bringing in equipment, we ask you to bring along a filled out shipping form (see our website),
- To limit the duration of your visit, we implore you to ask your questions in advance by mail or phone as much as possible,
- Only when strictly necessary, we will inspect equipment briefly during your visit,
- When you are picking up equipment, it will be placed at the bottom of our stairs,
- Payment in advance by bank transfer or in cash at pick up. A specified invoice will be sent by email and will be handed with the equipment,
- After each visit all relevant surfaces will be disinfected,
- If you have a fever, cough or cold, we urgently ask you not to visit us,
- We are counting on it that, if you have been tested positive, you will not visit us!
Our business hours are: Monday-Thursday 10.00h-18.00h (visits to our workshop by appointment only). We have lunchtime between 13.00h and 14.00h. During our business days we try to answer e-mail messages within 24 hours.
On Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays and (inter)national Holidays we're closed
Our professional knowledge includes:
- Large format, medium format and 35mm cameras
- Film backs
- Motor drives
We are specialized in and work mainly on Hasselblad, Leica and Rolleiflex equipment.
We can 6-bit code your (older) M lenses (Leitz, Zeiss, Voigtländer) for the use on the digital Leica M. We can also modify the rangefinder steering of lenses so they give the correct frame lines. We do not supply and fit a new bayonet; we mill the six needed slots in your existing bayonet and paint them (black/white) according the Leica coding list. If a lens is not on the Leica list (f.e. older Leica lenses, Zeiss, Voigtländer lenses), we code according to the Leica users forum list.
We can modify the Canon 50mm/0.95 for the use on Leica M. Please mail us for more information.
Our customers are shops for professional photo equipment, professional photographers, camera collectors, web merchants, etc.
Our average turnaround time is 4 weeks. In times of a heavy workload/a lot of speedy dispatches/holidays, the turnaround time for some equipment can be longer. Unfortunately this cannot always be avoided; we ask for your understanding and thank you for your patience.
We handle a 6 month guarantee on carried out labour.