You’re at the website of Will van Manen Kamera-Service, an independent company (owned by Will van Manen & Cathy Kuiper) for repair and maintenance of analog(ue) photo equipment. We are located in the Netherlands and operate worldwide.
To avoid possible infection -and to be able to keep on working- we prefer not to receive visitors in our work shop. we ask you to send your equipment in (see our website: please use the shipping form -see menu on the left hand side).
If a personal visit is essential and if you do not want to send the equipment by post, we can make an appointment for a visit, although it will be with restrictions and in compliance with the RIVM and government guidelines.
- As always; visits by appointment only,
- We will receive only one visitor at a time, we will keep a 1,5m distance and we will not shake hands,
- We will place a table in our hallway, on which equipment will be placed without any physical contact and with considering a 1,5m distance,
- When you are bringing in equipment, we ask you to already fill out a shipping form at home (see our website),
- To limit the duration of the visit, we request you to ask your questions beforehand via email or by phone as much as possible,
- Only when strictly necessary, we will -briefly- inspect your equipment during the visit,
- When picking up equipment, we will place it on the table in the hallway,
- Payment only beforehand via bank transfer; we will not accept cash,
- After each visit the relevant surfaces will be disinfected,
- If you have a fever, a cough or a cold, we strongly ask you not to visit us.
Our business hours are: Monday-Thursday 10.00h-18.00h (visits to our workshop by appointment only). We have lunchtime between 13.00h and 14.00h. During our business days we try to answer e-mail messages within 24 hours.
On Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays and (inter)national Holidays we're closed
Our professional knowledge includes:
- Large format, medium format and 35mm cameras
- Film backs
- Motor drives
We are specialized in and work mainly on Hasselblad, Leica and Rolleiflex equipment.
We can 6-bit code your (older) M lenses (Leitz, Zeiss, Voigtländer) for the use on the digital Leica M. We can also modify the rangefinder steering of lenses so they give the correct frame lines. We do not supply and fit a new bayonet; we mill the six needed slots in your existing bayonet and paint them (black/white) according the Leica coding list. If a lens is not on the Leica list (f.e. older Leica lenses, Zeiss, Voigtländer lenses), we code according to the Leica users forum list.
We can modify the Canon 50mm/0.95 for the use on Leica M. Please mail us for more information.
Our customers are shops for professional photo equipment, professional photographers, camera collectors, web merchants, etc.
Our average turnaround time is 4 weeks. In times of a heavy workload/a lot of speedy dispatches/holidays, the turnaround time for some equipment can be longer. Unfortunately this cannot always be avoided; we ask for your understanding and thank you for your patience.
We handle a 6 month guarantee on carried out labour.